Padi Rescue Diver
The Oakville Divers PADI Rescue Diver will expand your knowledge and experience beyond purely recreational scuba level because you’ll learn to look beyond yourself and consider the safety and well being of other scuba divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your scuba self confidence.
Many divers take the Rescue Diver course for their own knowledge to be a better diver and a better dive team member.
What Do I Need to Start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization) with 20 logged dives (experience in Deep Diving & Navigation recommended)
- Minimum age: 15 years old
- Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months (can be included in course)
What Will I Do?
Rescue Diver training with Oakville Divers Diving Instructors will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you’ll cover:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Dive first aid
- Emergency management and equipment
- Swimming and non-swimming assists
- Panicked diver response
- Underwater problems
- Missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- In water artificial respiration
- First aid procedures for pressure related baratrauma accidents
- Dive accident scenarios
How Long Will it Take?
Diving Instruction Course Hours: 4 Classroom/Pool sessions (Tuesday & Wednesday evenings)
Open Water Training: 4 sessions over two days
extra help and instruction always available to our Students
What Will I Need?
- Rescue Student Kit
- Padi Certification Card
- Equipment Rentals are not included in the course fee
- Highly recommended student have or start acquiring their own scuba equipment. If you wish to be a dive pro you must be able to use and fully understand your own gear to be effective as a rescue diver or a dive professional
- Our Master Instructor is always available to help our Oakville Divers Rescue Students with dive knowledge and scuba equipment selection.
- Keep diving with Oakville Divers after your course and gain more skill and practical rescue diving knowledge with Oakville Divers Scuba Pro's
Oakville Divers Underwater Specialists for Over 30 Years